What is Vastu for Kitchen?
Vastu for the kitchen is important since the kitchen represents the “Fire” element. I am sure you already know that fire, in a controlled environment, is beneficial, but if the same – yes very same – fire goes out of hand then it obliterates everything and anything in its way. The above statement holds true for both types of fire – the actual fire and symbolic fire.
As mystifying as they may seem, following a few simple but effective Vaastu remedies and tips can go a long way in ensuring that your kitchen is free of all Vaastu defects. Vaastu helps to balance positive energy in your kitchen and promote a sense of well-being within the household. After all, the kitchen is the heart and health of your home!
These are a few common Vaastu defects that every individual must avoid while planning their kitchen, according to Vaastu Shastra:
1.Placing the kitchen above or below a toilet or bedroom is one of the most severe Vaastu defects. Also, the prayer room should not be above the kitchen sink or stove as it brings bad luck and drains wealth.
2. The kitchen and toilet should not share a common wall. Both these Vastu defects have a direct bearing on the health of the occupants.
3. The kitchen should never be situated in the North East or North as this adversely affects one's career.
4. The kitchen should not face the main door of the house.
5. Storage boxes for essential commodities like grain, spices, pulses, etc. should be kept in the South or the West direction.
6. The entrance door of the kitchen should not be in any of the corners. Kitchen doors in the East, the North, and the West are best suited.
7. The gas burner should not be right in front of the main door of the kitchen.
8. Light utensils can be kept in the East or the Northside.
9. If a refrigerator is kept in the kitchen, it should be placed in the South-East, South, West or North directions. It should not be placed in the North-East direction. If it is in the South-West direction it should be a foot away from the corner, otherwise, it may need constant repairs.
10. The kitchen at night should be well cleaned and used utensils should be washed before sleeping.